1. Welcome to Dover & Folkestone Locals - Dover's & Folkestone's Online Community!
    We started up back in 2007 and our aim is still the same today as it was back then - To bring you the latest news and provide a fun, friendly and enjoyable place to chat to other local people.

Not only that, but we also list events taking place in or around Dover & Folkestone and have a classifieds section so you can list your unwanted items! So why not sign up today and join the fun along with our other 1200 members!

Signing up is free and easy and should only take a few moments. You can even use your facebook account to register!

Cliff fall

Discussion in 'Dover Chat' started by Mandy, Mar 15, 2012.

• Dover Volunteer

Mandy Steward

• Dover Volunteer

The Fabric Fairy Navigator 1st Class

Saw it on BBC Breakfast this morning and, like Mandy, realised just how big the fall was. Glad I didn't choose to walk the dog on the cliffs that day!!
    • Dover Volunteer

Mandy Steward

Went down this morning to take a look, it is a huge amount of chalk and a fair bit of the cliff looks unstable around there so I wouldn't be surprised if a bit more came down in the near future. If I can work out how I will upload the photos my daughter took later.
    Dave likes this.
  1. Dave Chief Navigator

Would be great to see some photos. Ive only seen it from the distance at work.
    • Dover Volunteer

Mandy Steward

I think the chap walking along the beach towards the fall gives a real idea of the scale of this fall, the photo was taken by my daughter Meghan when we went down yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. Dave Chief Navigator

Mandy, That picture is amazing! Ive shown quite a few people at work and they think exactly the same!

Huge well done to your daughter (y)
    Mandy likes this.